Pages

15 July 2013

Settling in

So, after almost 2 weeks, I begin to slowly settle in. I got a house (temporary & shared), a desk, a bike and a first frisbee practice completed :) Having a bike and lovely colleagues who insist on driving you everywhere makes things much easier. Biking back after dark is not so fun with hardly any streetlights, but I'm getting used to it. I guess I will just look for a better front light to be able to avoid potholes ;)

Plus there's more to do in Lilongwe that I expected. There are frisbee pick up games twice a week, yoga classes, running meet ups, Afropop classes, movie nights, acoustic nights, salsa nights, quiz nights, jazz afternoons, gospel concerts, occasional poetry & spoken word evenings, volleyball league (apparently massive, but there's a holiday break at the moment). Seriously, more to do than evenings in a week. 

my office at the CSEC 

 first shopping. coffee, rice, peanut butter & the newspaper made in Malawi :)

got it second hand from another expat. very happy! 

my little, temporary home. cozy. 

No comments: